About Me

My photo
Long distance runner (up to 100 miles), blogger and obsessed parkrunner. Mum to one, currently taking a break from teaching to be that Mum of one!

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Not enjoying Mondays...

I'm really not enjoying school at the moment and every Monday just lately it has been a real struggle for me to get motivated and into work.  Obviously I still go in but I am desperately job hunting right now!
I thought I would have a bowl of porridge for breakfast - guaranteed to fill me up.  Made with semi-skimmed milk and a spoonful of sugar on top.

Unfortunately I fell into old habits - I do it because in my head if I eat more it delays going into work.  I really need a new job soon!
At breaktime I had a Graze festival fruits box and a tangerine.  I forgot to photograph my Graze box until it was too late so here's a picture of what's inside below....yum!...


My stomach really hurt after school so I had a tangerine whilst waiting for Dan to pick me up.  I think my stomach only hurt because I'd been crunched over my desk since 7am though...11 hours.  Definitely on the new job wish list is movement in my job!
When Dan first moved in in August 2011 and it became clear that both our schedules were so busy with work and it meant that we barely saw each other in the week we decided on keeping one evening free from work each week to do something together, no laptops/phones allowed!  It has worked well so far and we had decided to head to The Brampton Mill.  I love it here - it's very quaint and the water wheel is a feature inside the restaurant.  Dan had never been but really enjoyed it.
Felt I needed a pint for getting through my Monday!
They do the BEST pizzas.  This is a goats cheese and roasted vegetable pizza, which had mushrooms, courgettes, peppers and tomatoes on top.
I was feeling reasonably full by this point but Dan persuaded me to have the Chocolate Brownie as he wanted dessert.  Dan NEVER wants dessert!
Definitely had my five a day today although feeling horribly full this evening.  I could have stopped at half of the pizza I think and definitely should have done without the pint.

Mum went into hospital this evening to find out more about her chemo.  I gave her a call on the way home and she should be starting the trial soon now they just need to book her in for the operation so that they can count back and see when she needs the chemo.  Over dinner Dan and I discussed what we would do if we won £70,000 on a scratchcard and when we stopped in at the Co-op on the way home there were two £70,000 scratch cards!  We decided this was fate and we would become winners so bought them up!  Dan also bought me a Kinderegg.  For the last six years we have been together if one of us has been having a rough time the other buys them a Kinderegg...the perfect amount of chocolate and a toy inside!  Genius!
My running mag had also arrived when I got home to complete the day.  :)  We cuddled up and watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower which I really liked, and suprisingly so did Dan.
Just found a job to encourage active lifestyles in young people...will definitely look at applying tomorrow.  Hopefully things are looking up!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment