About Me

My photo
Long distance runner (up to 100 miles), blogger and obsessed parkrunner. Mum to one, currently taking a break from teaching to be that Mum of one!

Thursday 7 March 2013

SEVEN weddings!

Yesterday in the post we got this beutiful invitation to our friend Dee's wedding in May.  We had already had a Save the Date card so knew we were going to be invited, it wasn't a surprise.  The wedding details were on a lanyard and the invitiation was a ticket.  Her and her husband-to-be are big festival goers (that's actually mainly how we became friends) so this was a really fitting invitation!
 This now means that in the next two years we have a minimum of SEVEN weddings to go to!  This is my calendar for the next three months...
MARCH - Vicki and Alex's engagement party (they were the couple that went to New York with us for New Year and got engaged).  We also have Helen and Sam's wedding reception to go to (invitation in Dan's car) - they ran off to New York to get married at half term and are celebrating at the end of the month.
APRIL - Amy and Brett's wedding.  I'm witness for this one so also need to attend the rehearsal (and spa day!) two days before.

MAY - Dee and Ian
Is it just my age that all of a sudden I'm being invited to so many weddings?!?!
I had forgotten about the upcoming spa day as part of Amy's wedding.  I am considering starting Jillian's 30 day shred DVD on Saturday.  I have only heard good things about it.  I will take measurements and pictures on Saturday and try and complete everyday and see how I get on with it.

This morning's breakfast was take 2 of porridge for the week!  I took Maria's advice and let my porridge soak in milk overnight in the fridge and then cooked as normal this morning with a tad more milk.  She was right, looks a much bigger bowlful and am now nicely full!  :)

Busy day today - parent's evening after school, followed by running club committee meeting.  It will be a late one tonight especially after packing for Norfolk for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right- you get to an age where a lot of people get married. Most of my friends have done that now, but there was a time when I had a couple of weddings each year (and usually in the holidays so we could not book to go away until after the weddings!).
    Glad the porridge worked out for you :)
    And hope your parents evening goes OK.

    ReplyDelete